Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Russia House Scene Locations: Barley Makes Contact with Katya

I am continuing to make slow progress in describing the locations used in all of the scenes from the Russia House - I document these in my other blog: http://therussiahousescenes.blogspot.co.uk

The Russia House Scene Locations: Barley Makes Contact with Katya: Making Contact Location: Red Square & GUM Moscow Russia Details: Katya and Barley get a taxi to Red Square.

This post includes some photos of GUM which I took in 2002, which I have included here:

Gosudarstveny Universalny Magazin - State Universal Store.  These photos were taken in May - a few days before the May 9 Victory Day celebrations.  As you can see, the side of GUM facing Red Square was adorned with huge banners depicting war medals commemorating victory in the Great Patriotic War.  There were similar banners hanging from the ceiling inside GUM as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment